Christ Our Penal Substitute
These lectures were delivered at Davidson College and Columbia Seminary by Robert Lewis Dabney, while he was old in age, and totally blind.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: The Rationalistic Objections to Penal Substitute
- Chapter 2: Definitions and Statement of the Issue
- Chapter 3: Objections Examine
- Chapter 4: The Utilitarian Theory of Punishments
- Chapter 5: Retribution not Revenge
- Chapter 6: The Witness of Human Consciousness and Experience.
- Chapter 7: Our Opponents' Self Contradiction.
- Chapter 8: The Ethical Objections Considered.
- Chapter 9: What Scripture says of Substitution.
- Chapter 10: The Testimony of Christendom.
- Chapter 11: Conclusion.
PDF Download made available by Ralph Allan Smith
Text scanned and edited by Michael Bremmer